Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Chinese NY, Ellie, & the Zoo

Last Saturday we went to our cities Chinese New Year Festival and met up with our friends Diane & Ellie. We arrived really early as I wanted to see the Chinese Dragon dance through the park across the street from the indoor festival. I knew there would be few firecrackers going off but I had no idea it would last through the entire dance. My kids had their hands over their ears the entire time and were soon scared of the loud Chinese Dragon. Oh well........I tried.
Because we arrived so early we missed most of the good acts (singing, dancing). The kids became bored so we ended up running through the park across the street. When that got old we loaded up the kids and headed for the Zoo. It was such a beautiful day I didn't want to waste it at home taking a nap. I did later regret this when my 2 did a tag-team tantrum act at the Zoo. It got pretty ugly. I think Isabel screamed for the entire 10 minutes it took me to drag her out. When she stopped to take a breath Jackson would take over. They never act like this, or just not to this extreme. But overall we had a really great time. Tantrum and all. :)











You just can't help but loving them to pieces.





I know I'm his Mommy but have you ever seen a more beautiful little boy? :)

Beautiful Ellie


1 comment:

Jen said...

Great pics as always Jyl....I have only seen a boy as cute as yours in my own house. We are lucky mamas!