Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Fun at McWane Science Center


























I've been working on gifts for Mother's Day lately so that has been taking up most of my computer time. Sorry for the stand-still.



As you have seen, we did have a really good time this last Sunday. The four of us went to the McWane Science Center and the kids had a blast! Kevin doesn't get to do most of the fun things we do during the week so we neglected the household chores for a Sunday and just went out to play. Jackson LOVES the water table and the sand box area. Isabel likes to get in the spaceship and climb up in the "McDonalds type" playgrounds with all the tubes and slides. I still get a little nervous when she climbs up to the 3rd level and I can't see her but she is a fearless little thing.
They also have a nice, dry room with puzzles, books, dress-up clothes and a pretend grocery store. Kevin and I liked that room the most.
Updates: Jackson is doing great after his surgery. His little "pee pod" looks wonderful. The only thing he can't get over is the bath. We were told that he could take a bath 2 days after the procedure so Kevin put him in the tub Sunday and he cried so he was quickly removed. We waited a couple more days and tried again. Still a no from Jackson so I put a "swimmie" diaper on him and he got right in the bath and had a great time. Two weeks later he still will not get in the tub without a "swimmie". These diapers have Nemo or Pooh and Tigger on them and Isabel spends most of bath time pointing at Jackson's little "pee pod" area saying "Nemo" or "Pooh" over and over and over......... It really is cute though.

Isabel seems to have lost interest in going to the potty so I'll let her let me know when we're ready again.

She has really started putting 2 words together a lot in the last week or so. It's so exciting to watch them actually learn to speak. They are amazing, wonderful kids!!!!

She has unfortunatly continued with the tantrums. I'm just ignoring her until she calms down.

Her dance skills have elevated past hopping up and down. One day I'll break out the video camera and show you how funny thay are. She is really shaking those hips these days.

Very excited about our trip to the beach next week with "Gan Gan" and Nicole (sister-in-law) and niece Ella. I'm only concerned about the 5 hour drive. I don't think I've had them in the car longer than a one hour stretch so wish us all luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG Jyl! They are so cute. They are getting so big! It's funny when they hit that certain age when they begin to look and act like little people instead of babies. It is amazing to watch them learn and talk, and just to see how quickly they grasp to concepts. I am so glad that you keep this blog. Call me.
Michala

Debbie said...

Mariah has the same sandals as Isabel. :-)
Glad to hear that the pea-pod is doing well.