Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy 2010 to everyone! I had a nice, quiet (well, as quiet as it can be with 2 3yr olds running around the house) evening at home. Kevin worked so it was just us. They were really good, played together nicely so I was able to remove all ornaments from the dying tree. I have never had all my decorations up this long after Christmas but between work and the kids.... just too tired. The resolution on top of my list right now is to CLEAN the house. Not just dust and clean the windows but I want to clean out every drawer and closet and cabinet in this place. Get rid of everything! We are going to clean out our unused downstairs area and create a play area for the kids. They are too big and their toys are too numerous to all be upstairs. I am planning on taking my vacation from work around the same time we have carpet laid downstairs. I want to organize everything. The 2 1/2 years we have spent with our kids has been amazing but I have not really been able to do much around the house in that time so I have decided that the time is now. I am crazy excited! My 1st project (after packing away all the decorations) is to tacke our closet. It is no longer a "walk in". It's a mess. A big one.
My next big thing for 2010 is to get my photography business off the ground. I have done a good bit of practice sessions and everyone was really happy with the results. I know I have LOTS to learn but I've got to start somewhere. It is my passion. I must follow that.
The kids are happy and healthy. Jackson has grown an inch in the last 6 mo and Iz has grown a half inch. Last weigh in she was 27lbs and Jackson hit 31. They are growing up! Jackson is my eater. He will try most anything while Iz just covers her mouth with her hand. SHe does, however want to smell everything. Crazy girl. It's her "thing".
Isabel talks all the time while my Jackson is more the strong, silent type. :)
He is the sweetest, kindest, gentlest little boy while Iz is more like a bully in the body of a beautiful, petite little girl. She just can't seem to help herself sometimes. We're working on her though. I told her that Mommy will always win. :)
They have discovered the alphabet and spend all day asking me what letter everything starts with. They can identify most letters (if in the mood or mindset to do so). Writing is a bit of a ways off. Iz is showing interest but Jackson had rather just draw a train track. :)
Potty training is 90-95% complete. Thank goodness!

This will have to do for now as I am exhausted! Happy New Year!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Good luck on the business! I love photography and it is so great when you can do pictures for other people as well.
I can't imagine the overflow of toys that comes along with having two... we have quite the disaster of toys with just one.