Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas (morning)

Christmas morning was just perfect! Jackson woke up first (which is totally the opposite of how our mornings usually play out) and we had him just hang out with us in our bed while we waited on "little Missy" to get up. He kept asking if Santa had come. So sweet. Anyway, Iz finally woke up and we went into the Living Room to check it out. They were so excited! Santa does not wrap gifts at our house so everything was already laid out. Most everything was already assembled and put together (we were up until after 1 trying to get the marble race game put together. I do not reccommend this task to anyone.) Jackson got mostly Geotrax trains. We ahve so much Thomas the Train that I decided to go a different route. I think he's pleased! Iz got mostly toys involving Toy Story. She has been in this phase for a long time now. She got new Buzz Lightyear and Woody figures, a big RC Racer, a bucket of toy soldiers and a space alien. Mom got her the microphone and got both kids Smart Cycles (video games they have to pedal to play). I think we are going to take Jacksons back to the store and exchange. He is in a phase right now I will call the "Scared of everything" phase. He got on the cycle and one of the features is that it vibrates. Well, the first feeling of a vibration and he was off that thing and NOT going to get back on. Isabel likes hers (she pedals fine but this steering thing isn't going so well right now. Baby steps.
Anyway, Kevin's parents always spend Christmas morning and day with us, lunch and a little bubbly. We were all spoiled with gifts. I got a Flip video camera which I hope to break out of the box soon and a huge external harddrive and backup system. Mom gave me a new camera bag which i love! We had a wonderful Christmas and I am so thankful for my wonderful family. I have the best 2 kids in the world. I am so blessed.




He has the sweetest little face


What more could a little boy ask?


She loves an audience







Bucket of soldiers....they are Isabel's. :)

Nana giving Iz a kiss

Jackson in "Jackson's World"


My sweet boy



Iz and her new Woody


popcorn for breakfast... only on Christmas. :)

she is giving Jackson her green beans for Christmas. :)

yep, her vampire teeth are her favorite!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Those toys look AWESOME! It looks as if Jackson and Iz were VERY good this year :)!

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had a great Christmas! I was going to get the bike thing, but totally forgot about it! Geez. Elizabeth really likes her bouncy house though.
Merry Christmas!

Jen said...

I love the idea of everything already put together. I felt like all I did was open crappy packages and try to get the toys out in a hurry...I will have to request this from Santa for next year. Looks like you had a blast. You kids are ADORABLE...which of course goes without saying. Happy New Year to Y'all. That's my attempt at being southern LOL.