Thursday, January 7, 2010

Playdate!

Oh, how we love a playdate! It has been crazy cold in the South so we've been locked up in the house way too much. So last week we had the pleasure of meeting some friends at the Science Museum. There was a train exhibit on the 3rd floor so Jackson was a happy little boy. :)
I especially love to hang around with other Mom's who have adopted internationally. We have all experienced something that words cannot explain. It really does create a bond. And I want the kids to grow up surrounded with other adoptees. Very important to me.
We met Daphne & Ben and Ashley & Kennedy. Both kiddos are a year younger than my 2 so I wanted them to be the "big kids" and help the littles. In the end it was really more of a "every kid for themself" but we all had a really great time.
I was also looking forward to getting some great shots of Kennedy and Ben and all the kids together but let's just say easier said than done. Ben is FAST! Seriously fast. I am so greatful my kids were never that fast. I would have lost one of them by now for sure! ;)
My 2 on our way out the door to meet our friends



Now this look is priceless. :)

Miss Kennedy




Ok, check out Ben the Supermodel. My kid is picking his nose and Ben is totally posing. Love it!
Daphne with the boys

Iz is signing us up to win some Imax tickets.
Daphne carrying BOTH boys. I had to laugh.
Ashley and her beautiful Kennedy
Our friends will be sad to know what they missed out on BUT after they all left we went back inside, bought tickets and the kids rode the train alone. Without me! It was a serious milestone. I had bought a ticket for myself just in case but they did it. My babies are growing up.
Yea, Jackson has become really sensitive to loud noises. I don't get these phases at all. He puts his hands over his ears all the time. Crazy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We LOVED our play date! So sad that we didn't get to ride the choo-choo with your 2 cuties! We need to get together again SOON! Also, I re-read my latest blog post and realized that it made it sound as if we don't love hanging out with our other amazing adoptive friends. We LOVE hanging out with you! Sorry that it sounded as though we didn't!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.