Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Incline Railway (aka "Mountain Train")

Ok, on with Chattanooga....

Next we went to the Incline Railroad at Lookout Mountain. Jackson was very excited because he has a train book with pictures of a Mountain Train and I told him that he was going to get to ride one. Very happy child. So happy in fact, that he tried to board the train without me OR my Mom or even Isabel. We thought we had lost Jackson for about 5 seconds until we found him waiting in a line by himself to get on this freakin' train that was going to take him an entire mile UP a mountain without me!!!! Let me back up a second......

When we arrived at the bottom of the Mtn. we had to buy tickets to take the train. It wasn't a person in a window selling tickets, it was an automated computer that reminded me of an ATM. Well, Isabel had fallen asleep on the way to the Mtn. Train so I'm carrying "sleeping beauty" while my Mom tries to buy tickets. (I do not believe my Mom had ever used an ATM so it was a little frustrating for her - I love you Mom). So, Mom is fighting with the machine, I'm carrying Isabel, trying to help Mom and at some point Jackson decides he's tired of waiting for us to buy the tickets. He was seriously in line about to get on a train without us. By the time my heart had stopped and panic was setting in someone yelled that they found him. Crisis over. Holy crap. I lost my child. Lesson learned. It was horrible. He wasn't even scared. I don't think he had any idea why we were freaking out. And he's only 2 1/2. I've got a long ways to go.

View from the train
On top of Lookout Mountain
Me and my babies!

Mom & Isabel (she woke up)





No comments: