Saturday, February 21, 2009

Zoo with Ellie

What a beautiful day! Saturday was just one of those days that makes you smile. The sun was shining and it was warn enough not to need a coat. We made plans with Diane and her little girl, Ellie. Diane and I met during the long, long adoption process (we were about 6-9 months ahead of her). Both of us had planned on adopting from China but Kevin & I switched over when we heard about Vietnam and then Diane made the switch a few months later. It's so amazing how we all end up with the kid(s) we were meant to have!
The kids played so well together. Ellie is a year younger than Jackson & Isabel so they got to be the big kids for a change. Isabel said to me, "Mommy, I want to touch her" (meaning Ellie) and I told her that would be fine, but to please be gentle with her. Then she said, "Mommy, I want to squeeze her". I tried not to laugh but just asked her to give Ellie a hug instead of a squeeze. So while Isabel wanted to squeeze Ellie, I think Ellie was more interested in Jackson. I would just catch her smiling at him. So freakin' adorable.
My 2 little angels were just that, ANGELS. They were allowed to walk instead of sitting in the stroller IF they were good and they were awesome! I almost didn't recognize them they were so good! :)
Yes, we did go to the zoo but we didn't focus on the animals that much. We rode the train twice and then the carousel. We did enjoy the petting zoo but overall, the kids just had a great time playing with each other. We were at the zoo for 4 hours. I think that's a record for us!
(Oh, when we were leaving our house that morning Isabel was yelling, "Mommy!" I asked what she wanted and she says, "Vamanos!" Last week she thanks me in Spanish and this week I get a "Let's go!" Wow. Vamanos.
As you can imagine, Jackson loved the train. He even wants to touch the track when we walk near it. He is just fascinated and it is so much fun to watch.


This is my favorite pic of Jackson from the day

And this would be my favorite of Isabel if it were just a little more "focused"

The kids checking out the kangaroos






The carousel



Sweet Ellie




















Diane & Ellie
















He just wants to touch the choo train track :)



1 comment:

Jen said...

I don't have much energy to read blogs, but I have to keep up with you guys. I am doing OK, not great but hanging in there. Love the pictures!