Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthday Party!

It's all over. We have been celebrating the kid's birthday's since Isabel's on 7/8 and continued well through Jackson's on 8/9. We had the "grand finale" this past Saturday at home with friends and family. We had about 30 adults and 15 kids. Soooooo much fun. I went with a monkey theme. They are my "little monkeys" so it seemed appropriate.
Isabel was so excited about having all those people in her house and backyard but Jackson needed a little time "on my hip" to take it all in. He eventually agreed to go to my Mom and within an hour or so he was running around with all the other kids.
My grandparents were able to come which is just priceless! My "Mimi" is suffering with dementia but she had such a good day! That meant the world to me.
I think the highlight for the kids was the endless supply of M&M's and lollipops they were allowed to eat. :)
They didn't even open presents until the next day but it was like Christmas morning. Things got a little out of hand so I'm not sure who gave what but I'm trying to piece it all together. Let's just say they made a mess.
I did take a lot of pictures (of course) so get ready.



My "Mimi"
Mary Evelyn (also known as "Meme")
Ella

Sweet Jackson
Diane & Ellie (Ellie was born in Bac Ninh, Vietnam)
Kyle


The birthday kids!!!
Isabel & Sophie playing horseshoes





Sherrie & Angelica (Izzie's new BFF)
Grandpa (behind the drink), Judy & Terry
Jackson playing in the cooler

Ella
How cute is she!?






Izzie hugging the monkey :)

Sydney gathering the stray monkeys


Jackson in the sandbox
Jonathon & Maggie
Daddy being funny

Poopsie & Mimi
Winston


Ethan (with a new boo boo)
Some of my very best friends since high school





Miller


Mallery & Landon
Daniel



Sydney
Angelica & Iz
Winston


















2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, that was some celebration! Love the monkey theme. We call Natalie and Jeremy our "little monkeys" too! So how are the "terrible twos" treating you? I am a little worried with two at the same time!
Happy Birthday Guys!

Mom said...

Happy birthday to both your monkeys! I can't believe these kids are turning 2....