Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bye bye water, bye bye sand!

Sunday was my last chance to get the "perfect" pictures of my kids TOGETHER in 1 shot on the rocks and/or the sand. I also had to get the shot of Jackson coming down the water slide. We had to be checked out of our room by 11am which didn't give me much time. I opted to skip breakfast which should tell you how determined I was to get these pictures!
I dressed the kids in the pretty white clothes from the night before. Isabel's dress was a little wrinkled and Jackson had a few stains but I wanted this picture! (I have a tendency to obsess about things :-) ). My sis-in-law helped me with the kids (thanks Nicole). I set them on the rocks and started taking pictures as fast as I could and was getting some cute pictures. None of us will ever see those pictures though. I rushed outside so fast I didn't give my camera a chance to adjust to the humidity so all I have to show is lots of blurry "nothingness". I was so p.o.'d I thought I might cry. Instead of having a meltdown I set the camera outside for a few minutes and started all over again. My kids were over it though. They were so good during that first round and I missed it! I had a hard time getting the bottle out of Jackson's mouth and getting him to acknowledge me was even difficult. He is usually the easier one to get a good picture of but maybe next vacation.......
O.K., now it's time to get to the pool for a last swim and for the waterslide picture. We got to the pool at 9 but the problem NOW is the stupid waterslide doesn't open until 10 and checkout is at 11!!!!! We havn't even packed yet. I am cursed. Jackson is crying saying "slide, slide" and he doesn't understand that it's closed until the little lifeguards show up at 10. So now I have to send Kevin back to the room to pack (until 9:55) and get back to the pool for the damn picture. I was not leaving without it!
I'm sharing my morning misery with you all so you'll appreciate my "not so perfect" beach/rock pictures and so that when you see how happy Jackson is coming down the slide you'll understand why I had to capture the moment on film. His smile says it all!

















I think this is the best even though Jackson isn't looking at me














Isn't this worth it all? (Notice Kevin's arms holding him up)









No comments: