Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Happy birthday my sweet little man. You are a handsome, smart, funny little boy and you are loved so much! You have a smile and a "belly laugh" that is music to my ears. You are the light of my life sweet Jackson. I am the luckiest Mommy in the world.









Today is Jackson's 2nd birthday! My babies are now full fledged toddlers. Wow!

Last night after I put the kiddo's to bed I put together the 2 train sets so that when he woke up he would have a surprise. This child loves his trains!

After breakfast I wanted to take them outside and enjoy the "cold front" (our cold front is around 85 degrees) we are having for a few days. It has been miserable hot around here these days (heat index in the 100's -ugh!!!)

Also, we are trying to get ready for the big birthday party next Saturday and Kevin was having a truck load of mulch delivered to the top of the driveway (he's going to put it around the play area) and I wanted Jackson to have a "front row seat" for the dump truck action. He just stood there with his little mouth open in awe. He is so damn cute!

We are going over to my Mom's this afternoon for a "mini-party" with her and Ella. She made another eggless cake for him so we're headed off for singing "Happy Birthday". (Isabel has been practicing all day).



These first pic's I took bright and early this morning with his new train sets and next we went outside to visit out backyard (I don't think I've taken them outside in almost a month).



The last pictures are from family birthday dinners over the past week. The first bunch is from my parents where we celebrated all the July/August b'days (Ella, Isabel, me, Rhett and Jackson).



And lastly, we had birthday dinner with Kevin's parents - Nana & Grandpa.












The kids are starting to Mother's Day out on Monday (M-F , 9-1) and these are their new backpacks their Gan Gan gave them to start "school". (They call them "pack-packs")

Anyway, they wanted to put them on and told me good-bye so I asked where they thought they were going. Isabel looked at me and said "beach". That would be great if it weren't a 5 hour drive and they were mad at me when I wouldn't open the front door for them. I'm in so much trouble when they get older!







This is the playhouse we got the kids for their birthday. They love it!





This is Jackson watching the truck dump mulch all over our driveway
And here is the truck













Most of the time their idea of playing in the sandbox is to try to remove all the sand from the sandbox, one cup at a time.





This was on our way to Mom's for dinner. Kevin had just put the house together and I had a VERY hard time getting them to get in the car and out of the playhouse










All eating ice
















These are from Nana & Grandpa's!!!!








2 comments:

Mom said...

Oh, they are growing up too fast! And so very adorable. Handsome Jackson and beautiful Isabel.

I suspect they will love Mothers Day out. We are on the waiting list here and hoping for a spot.

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Jackson!!!!