Saturday, September 6, 2008

Labor Day @ GanGan's

Let me first say that while September 1 was indeed Labor Day, a day to celebrate, it was, for sooooo many families, the day that the agreement between the U.S. and Vietnam ended, and the hopes and dreams of adopting from VN were at best put on hold indefinitely. If you had already gotten a referral by September 1 you can proceed but if not, the door to Vietnam adoption seems to be closing. The doors were "open" for 2 1/2 years but because of some findings of unlawful and unethical activity there are legitimate orphans who will not get to find their "forever family" and that breaks my heart. I'm so sorry for everyone involved but when one door closes, another must open. My heart goes out to all the families involved... I am incredibly grateful for the privlege of being Mommy to the greatest kids in the world and I hope everyone who wished to adopt can fulfill their dream very, very soon.

Since Kevin and I are both in the restaraunt business we work days and hours that most people do not. Kevin was actually off on Labor Day but I headed out to work. He brought the kids to see me around 5:00 and we headed over to Papa and Gan Gan's for a family dinner.
We had, of course a great time. We have a pretty big family (with lots of cute kiddos) so it would be impossible to NOT have a good time!


"Baby Archer"





Cousin Ethan















Matthew & "Booger"







(Yes, I strip my kids down to eat chocolate cake :)







No comments: