Sunday, September 14, 2008

An average Saturday

We didn't have any plans on Saturday. It's been very hot and humid so I didn't feel like going outside so I was just planning on running some errands. The kids were not in the best of moods - very, very whiney (my least favorite thing to hear) and picking on each other. He would sit on her and she would take a train away from him....you get the idea. Anyway, my Mom picked up Isabel for a couple of hours and let me tell you, running errands with 1 child is a hell of a lot easier than 2. I didn't want them missing their nap time though, so I picked up Iz and we were home by 2:00 and ready for nap. Well 45 minutes passed and neither one of the little angels were asleep. Ugh!!!!!! After an hour of watching them NOT sleep on the monitors I gave up on getting a nap myself and released them from the captivity of their beds. The whining and crying ensued (they were tired!!!!) so we got back in the car and went to get me a salad for dinner and to put some gas in the car. I pulled back in the driveway around 4:00 and little Miss Isabel was asleep! I tried to wake her up to no avail. My new plan was to feed them dinner and put them to bed an hour early and she was messing up my new plan. I was really tired and counting down the hours until I could put myself to bed.
Anyway, they got some new toys yesterday, some books, dvd's, a train and Iz got a Dora toy and Backyardigan stuffed animals. If you don't know, Dora (the Explorer) has twin baby brother & sister. Well the Dora toy consists of the twin babies and a baby carrier that you attach to your body. At first she just wanted to feed the babies their bottles and was not interested in "wearing" the new babies. But Jackson was very interested! He had me laughing until I had tears running down my face. I strapped the babies to his tummy and he looked like the proudest little "Daddy" you've ever seen. He was smiling as big as ever. Well, as you can imagine, this sparked new interest in Isabel and she wanted her twins back. The harder she cried the happier he became. It was at Isabel's expense, but this was the highlight of a dull Saturday.


Jackson sitting on her to make her mad
They are not allowed to be on the fireplace so he played "asleep" when I asked him to get down
The new train (he loves the mountain and the tunnel)
My happy girl

Her 4:00 nap on the couch

Jackson & "the twins"
Have you ever seen a bigger smile?


The little Mommy wants her twins back :)
All is well in the world again





2 comments:

Jen said...

I hear you about the whining AND having one vs. two for errands!!! Some days they are best of friends...and other days mortal enemies (at least mine are!)

Catherine said...

It is so NICE to know that other mom's plans of napping OR getting to bed early have also been ruined!!! Why is it that when they are OVER tired, they don't want to sleep extra??? Why is it that they sleep like angels for their sitters but fight their mothers??? AHHHHHH!!!! The joy of having toddlers, huh??