Friday, April 11, 2008

Jackson & his 1st Mud Puddle

Last Saturday was the Spring Picnic hosted by our local adoption agency, Villa Hope. We were all very excited until we woke up and it was raining. Not thunderstorms but it varied between a light drizzle and heavy sprinkles. We made a phone call and found out that it would go on, rain or no rain. Kevin took his car to go and get the food and I took the kids. I try to always take a change of clothes for the kids because Jackson, in particular, is known for either a good diaper leak or playing in water. (I had a rain coat for Isabel but not for Jackson.) There was a really good turn out considering the weather - probably 50 or so.

Anyway, lots of cute kids and their happy parents. It was really nice to see all the people from Villa Hope that helped us out along the way. We especially enjoyed seeing the 2 other little girls from Vietnam. Both live within 20 minutes or so from us which will really be nice, especially when the kids are older.

But I must say that the best time was had by Jackson and his new friend, Maven. I didn't see how all this began but these 2 adorable little boys found themselves in a puddle o' mud. I had strangers asking if they could take pictures of my filthy child. I heard more than once how cute the boys were but "thank goodness he's going home with you". If he could've told me, I think Jackson would have said it was one of the "best days of my life".

Isabel had fun as well, just CLEAN fun!!!








Jackson's new friend (& partner in crime), Maven (from Guatemala)













Sweet (most of the time), little Isabel. Not a spot of mud anywhere (Thank goodness)





This is sweet Ellie. (10 months old) (Bac Ninh, Vietnam)






Our new friend, Aeryn, also from Vietnam (Lang Son). She is a month older than Isabel





Time to go





Sleeping like an angel

One tired little man!


No comments: