Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Isabel is turning 3!

Tomorrow, July 8, my sweet Isabel will be 3 years old. I truly do not know where the time has gone. There are no words to express how much I love her, how proud I am to be her Mommy. I am the luckiest woman in the world. I hope with all my heart that her birth mother has found peace and knows in her heart how much our baby is loved. I am grateful beyond words for the sacrifice she made for us.
I had wanted to do a look back at Isabel throughout the last couple of years but when I started trying to chose pictures I realized that I have entirely too many to chose from. It would be her 4th birthday before I finished going through them all! For today I'm going to share a few from Vietnam, a couple from we just returned home and some of my all-time favorites taken by our dear friends Babs & Alesia.
We had only been home a few months at the most when these were taken-

I don't think these have ever been posted. I was sadly not blogging "back in the day".







Home at last!



Our hotel room

Sleeping in her Daddy's lap after leaving the orphanage.

This was taken in our hotel room on the first morning with our beautiful babies.
This was one of the last pictures we received before traveling to Vietnam to get our babies. It was the first time we could see the nursery and her nanny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie! Love the pictures. She was precious then and is still precious today!

Jen said...

Wow, love the flashback pics. I know just how you feel about your little girl. HAPPY BIRTHDAY IZ!!! It is so nice to have another family in our same situation. Can't wait to hear about the party....