Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lovin' the Waterpark

Mom and I took the kids to a Waterpark about 40 minutes away. The park has been there for 5-ish years i guess and we'd never been. I just never really heard anyone talking about it so never thought too much of it. Anyway, our cousin Celia had taken her 3 year old and reported that it was fantastic. Had a great area for toddlers! I had no idea!!!! And it really was great. We had one of our best days ever. We left around 10am and didn't get home until after 4:00. The kids loved the "Lazy River", floating around in their little inner tubes. Adorable. The toddler area had 3 different water slides JUST FOR LITTLE KIDS. It was so much fun. We all loved every minute of it.
What did I not have with me? A camera! It really is rare I have no photographic evidence of a huge fun day. I didn't bring my nice camera, of course, but I brought the old point and shoot. I did bring it. It was left in the car. :(
Before we hit the water side of the park we walked around the amusement park to see what the had for the little ones. They had a lot but Isabel wasn't tall enough. She's 3. She wants to ride. The height requirement was 36" and she's about 35". We did get to all ride the "kiddie roller coaster". The attendant just let us on. Cool. Let me tell you, this was a kid coaster but it was rough. I thought the kids were going to hate it or be scared but they liked it. And I was worried about my Mom getting whiplash. :) Fun though!
Well, this whole "Isabel isn't tall enough" was irritating. So tonight I looked up the "American" growth charts to see where my 2 kiddos were on the charts these days. Is Iz that tiny? yes. She is my "petite flower" and I love her! :)

Here's the kids height/weight percentiles at 3 years:

Jackson
30lbs and 36 inches.
20th % for height
40th % for weight

Isabel
25lbs and 35 inches
5th % for height
<5th % for weight

No comments: