Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I hope everybody had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did. We (along with about 80 others) went over to my parents house for dinner at 5:00. It's so much fun to be around that many family members and friends. It's like one giant Turkey Party! I did miss seeing my cousins as they spent this Turkey Day with their spouses families (missed you Joel, Julie & Jenny!).
Every holiday with the kids seems to be more special than the last. I had no idea having kids would truly change the way I see everything. It's like seeing and doing everything for the first time all over again - I love it!!!!
I am so fortunate in life. I have an amazing family, a wonderful husband, a job I actually enjoy, great friends, an incredible circle of "Adoption Friends" I have met online and in Vietnam, and two of the most amazing children I have ever known. I am truly blessed to be their Mommy. I am so thankful for the kids birth Mothers and their families in Vietnam. I only wish they knew how amazing these kids have become. I will be forever grateful to them for the sacrifice they made. I love my babies more than I could ever say.

On our way out the door




At the kids table (the birthday hats were for the turkey, not for an actual birthday. Still doesn't make any sense does it??) :)



Cousin Archer

Big brother Ethan


Mom, Rhett & Nicole






Joseph sitting at the kids table (home from college!)

Todd & Archer

"Unka Rhett" & Iz
I love this expression (I think she's confused about the party hats as well)
Ella (the party hats were her idea)
Iz clinging to Nicole's leg

Aunt Ann with Archer
Kevin & Jackson


He is checking out the food - so cute
Beautiful girl


Watching a little "Ruby & Max" over dinner
Time for cupcakes
He is threatening to go downstairs after I said no 8 times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a fun night.

Jen said...

So cute....as always! LOVE the dress!