Saturday, November 15, 2008

I gave in....

I did not know what else to do. Isabel has "unofficially" stopped drinking milk. She might have a little with her cheerios but she has lost all interest in milk and LOVES orange juice (yes, I water it down ALOT) or the Motts for tots apple juice (which Mott's has already watered down for me - thank you Motts!)
I broke out the Hershey's chocolate syrup this morning and guess who drank their milk?!?!
I didn't put much because I read the label and the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup and the actual cocoa is down around number 4 on the list. I have not looked at Whole Foods yet for a healthier alternative but surely there is one out there.
If anyone has any suggestions out there I would love to hear them!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

We have had the same issue here, as well. I just add a LITTLE chocolate so she gets a tiny taste:) You could try the organic chocolate milk and add that to the white milk?! This is a phase and it will pass....just make sure she gets some yogurt or other dairy products!

Anonymous said...

We use a little tiny bit of strawberry syrup. It doesn't have the caffeine that the chocolate does. Chocolate milk is a treat she gets in restaurants. For me, it is more important that she have the milk, even if we have to flavor it a bit.

LaDonna

Sendera Ranch Elementary PTA said...

Hey Jyl! I love all those little dresses Iz has on in your pictures. I wish I took that many pictures of the girls. Anyway, I wanted to comment on the chocolate syrup. We use the powder. It doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup which you know I have always tried to keep out of my kitchen. We have since switched to strawberry. And, also, I have had friends that don't like the taste of milk. And I know Iz is still young, but what about pediasure or calcium vitamins? Just to make sure she's getting the calcium she needs?
I love to see your family on here! Thanks you for keeping us all informed.
Michala