Saturday, November 8, 2008

"Parents day"

This last friday was the "Harvest Festival" at the kids school and we, as parents, got to go to school with our kids for the day (9:30 - 12:30).
I was soooo looking forward to this!
Our morning started with a movie. Basically, it was 20 or so "2-ish" year olds watching a really bad movie. :)
All the kids were sitting in a row eating popcorn and watching the "movie". That would be with the exception of 2 absolutely beautiful, intelligent, comedic kiddos. I think our kids were the only 2 with BOTH of their parents in attendence so perhaps they were just really excited. Don't get me wrong, they did have their moments of sitting still and staring at the screen but they started running in circles, laughing, and chasing each other. Then, their "teachers" start handing out cups of water (no sippy cups just really small cups). Which kids do you think spilled their water? Oh, it wouldn't be mine would it? Oh, yes it would. I had just stood up to grab paper towels to clean up Jackson's mess when I see Isabel kick her cup over! Oh well, thank goodness they are so darn cute and it was only water!! :-)
I did learn that my kids know most of their shapes - Isabel said "hexagon" to her teacher when she held up a shape (Kevin and I just looked at eash other and laughed because we both would have to have given that more thought than she did)
Well, it was awesome to get to see the kids in the only part of their day I never get to see. They are some kind of amazing! Damn, I'm one lucky Mommy-


After the movie we headed out to the "big" playground


My little Iz loves to swing








I love it when I get them BOTH in the same shot!



Isabel & her friend, Sam







My kids will have nothing to do with these jumpy things!

Peek-a-boo, Jackson




Eating our lunch

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures. You have just inspired me to get my son's hair to grow. We wanted it longer but didnt know how it would look. Thank you! I am sending my mother to your blog.

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness our kids are cute and intelligent! It offsets a lot of other behavior for Annika!

Tell Iz she has some cool boots!

LaDonna