Sunday, November 9, 2008

Lovin' Saturdays

This Saturday was a great family day. My Mom went with me and the kids to meet my Aunt Lindalu, cousin Julie (who lives out of town with her hubbie so I don't get to see enough of her), cousin Jenny Lou, her hubbie Chris and beautiful Mary Evelyn.

We went to a place called "Homestead Hollow" which is like an outdoor market / crafts (can't really describe this well) and they had pony rides and a petting zoo.

Jackson & Mary Evelyn loved the pony ride and Isabel was, well, lets just say not interested. :)

Next was the petting zoo. Again, it was all about Mary Evelyn & Jackson in the beginning but after watching all the other kids feed the goats and pigs and rabbits Isabel decided she would give it a shot. I think she'll probably do it again.

The highlight for Jackson I believe, was the wooden truck his Gan Gan bought him. There was a stand with a TON of hand carved wooden toys. He spotted the truck almost immediately and wanted nothing to do with anything else. He was sitting in the stroller and saw all of the wooden toys and started pointing. He kept saying, "truck, Mommy, truck".I had no idea which one he wanted so I kept picking the toys up, one by one. There were LOTS of toys so I finally had to pick him up so he could show us what he so desperately wanted. He went right for it but what shocked me most was that right above it was a train. A choo choo train and he never even saw it - go figure.
He wanted to carry it the entire day but it's 2 pretty big pieces so it got a little complicated.
Anyway, it was a fun Saturday!




M.E. riding the pony







Jackson's turn on the pony






Pic's from the petting zoo








This guy was my favorite






Julie & Isabel
Jackson & his truck (it's down by his foot)




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, animals! Kids always seem to have a good time around them. Cute pictures of the kids.

Jen said...

Jackson and Jeremy are so much alike in their love for all things moving with wheels!
Adorable as always!