Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hello Botanical!

Still not raining here in the Southeast. Yea! (I hope I don't jinx it.) :)
Today after nap the kids and I headed out to one of our "spots", the Botanical Garden. The kids were excited on the way there. But shortly after our arrival it started to thunder. Not bad and I could tell it was far away so I didn't feel it was necessary to run & get in the car. I wanted to take some pictures! Jackson decided he was scared of the thunder and he was already completely not interested in me or my camera so I didn't have much to chose from.
So most of these shots are of Isabel. I had some marshmellows in my bag and that kept her interested in me. Or at least long enough to sit still for a few. I always save the water garden for last. I use it to bribe them with while we are there. "If you don't listen to Mommy we are NOT going to get to play in the water." Hey, it works. But Jackson fell on his butt in the water garden, started to cry, and I noticed that the mosquitos were dining on my kids so it was time to go. Time.
When we were leaving we got a nice surprise. We ran into our new friends Daphne and her little boy Ben (we met them at our local adoption agency picnic a couple of months ago, and my friend from my photography class Buffy. It is such a small world that they are really good friends.)
I did get some shots that I'm happy with but I'm having a real problem with blurry images. In the past couple of weeks I seem to be taking a "crap ton" of blurry pics. I don't think I'm doing anything different. I had tons of opportunity for great pics but it just wasn't meant to be. So frustrating. Ugh.


Happy Jackson
Not so happy Jackson

My beautiful, handsome little boy. I love this pic.








Love this! You can really see her "attitude"

This is what I get if I ask her to smile. Nice, huh? Won't do that anymore. :)

I'm now stuffing her full of marshmellows


She appears to be so sweet









2 comments:

Jen said...

Great pics again!!!
I have trouble with a lot of blurry pics when i use a low F-stop...no sure why. MAKES ME SO MAD!!!

Nicki said...

LOVE the pics. So jealous of your botanical garden experiences!!

What lens are you using? Are you manually focusing? What aperture? Sniff, i miss my camera.