Friday, October 3, 2008

Jackson & Mommy

I just realized I hadn't told you about what a wonderful day I had with Jackson this past Sunday. Isabel & Ella went to visit my Mimi & Boppa with Mom so I took Jackson to the zoo to ride the train. We had the very best time I could imagine. He was so good walking with me and NOT running away. He didn't cry on the train and even smiled a little. I know he loved every minute. It's so incredibly different being one on one with the kids. It's nice not to have to be stressed out making sure you have your eyes on both of them at once. I'm going to take little Miss Isabel next. I really want to spend more time with each of my babies. I love it when we are all together but I think this one-on-one time is good for them and us. Jackson & Isabel are always together and they don't always enjoy the others company as brothers and sisters do so it's just a beautiful thing to see them as individual little people. I love them so very much.

We've got lots of fun things to do in October. I want to take the kids to one of the 3 "pumpkin patches" (well, I actually would like to visit all 3) within an hour drive. One of them takes you there on a train so that's definitely bonus points. They have the big inflatable jumping things (you know what I mean) and 1 has a cotton field (I would love to take their pictures in a cotton field) and a maze in a corn field. And Isabel has a thing for pumpkins. She carried one around at Mom's all night like it was a baby. So cute.

Tomorrow, Mom and I are taking the kids to Target for their first "photo shoot". I take such an insane amount of pictures of these 2 that I haven't been in a rush to have someone else take them. But I can't wait to see how this turns out. It's a miracle these days if I can get them to look at the camera and smile at the same time. I hope they're good!
Sunday we are going to a picnic and the weather has been really nice lately so should be a good time. I may even take a picture or 2! :-)

Here's the pic's from our day at the zoo:






















3 comments:

Jen said...

He's lookin like quite the big man! I think I should take your idea about one on one time. Jer & Nat are always together and I have no idea how it is to only worry about one!

Anonymous said...

Good gosh he is adorable. I think it is fabulous for you to spend time with each one alone.

Have fun at the pumpkin patch!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun day. I love the zoo. Good luck with your pictures...hope you'll post them when they are done.
Wondering if you'd consider subscribing to my feed? I'm trying to get my readership up. :P
http://feeds.feedburner.com/ambajam