Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Picnic @ "The Farm"

Last Sunday was the family and friend picnic at, what we all refer to as "The Farm". If you've spent any time at all with our family you've at least heard of it if not been there. I spent many, many Sunday's out there in my life. We have horses, cows and a lake (you CANNOT swim in this lake - it's purpose is only to fish - very nasty water - Yuk).
But anyway, it's always been a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon. The kids played, rode on the boat, dug for worms (not my idea), found a really big stick and decided to take it to GanGan (it took all 3 of them - Ella, Jackson & Isabel). They didn't really enjoy much BBQ but really loved the lollipops and doritos!
Overall a really fantastic day.


Shortly after we arrived I asked where Kevin and all the kids had gone and I was told they went off to dig for worms. Now I am very, very far from an outdoorsman. I have never even caught a fish but I headed out to see if my kids were going to dig for worms. I do not believe they knew what was happening with the worms but the 3 of them did make a great discovery - the big stick! I asked what they thought they were going to do with such a big stick and Ella said, "We'll take it to GanGan!" I thought it was a wonderful idea as we were really close to the water and I do not trust Jackson at all around the water. Water is his weakness.

Here is the digging (or at least standing around watching "Unka Rhett" dig for worms. Ella was in charge of holding the cup of worms for her Daddy.

My sweet Isabel and little man Jackson-










The carrying of the stick







Cousin Marley




Two peas in a pod







GanGan & Jackson































Jackson & Daddy










He really wanted to fish












































The only fish caught (can you see it?)














Jackson & "Unka Rhett"
Kevin with Iz & Ella
What a smile!!!







Kisses from GanGan







1 comment:

Jen said...

Looks like fun...can we come too.....lol