Tuesday, December 2, 2008

In her very own bed!!!

**Edited notes at bottom (a sleep update)

I am sooooo happy to announce that my little Isabel went to sleep in her very own "big girl bed" last night (and tonight, I'm watching her on the monitor right now). (She did end up in bed with me but not until 2am so this is a HUGE step for her)
We put Jackson's twin bed up months ago and he loves it. He is the greatest sleeper!
I finally sold his crib last week so out with his crib and in with twin bed #2. Isabel has been sleeping in her crib in our room FOREVER (and as a "bonus" she ends up IN our bed before morning 97% of the time). I don't really mind her sleeping with me sometimes but this every night thing is getting old.
Anyway, we moved Isabel out of the nursery a long time ago (like night 2 home from Vietnam) because her crying would wake Jackson up.
Because of the layout of our house I need them to sleep in the same room for awhile.
Anyway, Jackson loves his bed because the comforter has trains and trucks all over it so I got Isabel one with flowers. She calls her new bed "Izzie's flower bed"
The cutest thing was listening to her sweet little voice on the monitor last night after I left the 2 of them in their beds, turned off the lights and closed the door.
I swear to you she talked non-stop for at least 30 minutes. I think she was saying everything she was thinking. I loved listening to her.
Here's a couple of quotes:
"Mommy closed the door, Jackson"
"I love Dora"
"I love Nemo"
"Jackson, Jackson...are you 'sleep?"
"Izzie go night-night, Jackson"
"Mommy home"
"Izzie see Jona (her teacher) and Emma (classmate)"

Maybe tonight she will sleep ALL night (I can hope!)

Anyway, this week-end Kevin is off!!! No work! Thursday night we are taking the kids to the Science Museum for a Christmas party with Santa. (We get to see the trains again, too!)
I've really been prepping the kids to sit in Santa's lap. I don't want them to be scared so we'll see how this goes
Friday night we are going to a potluck dinner hosted by our local adoption agency. I am really, really excited about this!
And Saturday, we get up bright and early and get our Christmas Tree. I am torn between taking the kids with us and asking grandparents to watch them. It would be much, much faster to get the tree without them but then I wouldn't get to take pictures of them picking out the tree. Oh, these decisions I must make.
Sunday we have a Christmas Party for my Grandmother's side of the family (my Mom's Mom). We'll get to see lots of cousins, aunts, uncles etc. So a huge week-end and Kevin will be there for the entire time - Wow!!!
Well, I think I've covered the major "goings on" in our life.
I predict there will be lots of pictures very soon so I'll spare you this post! :-)
Wish us luck on the sleeping front!

**Added the next morning....
Isabel slept ALL night long! She didn't wake up at all which is extremely rare. I'm so haapy and proud of her!
(Oh, when they were in their room last night they both talked and talked. It is the sweetest thing in the world to hear.)
I'm going to wait a couple of weeks before I try to sell her crib - I don't want to jinx myself!

3 comments:

Catherine said...

How about triplets in one room??? I can send Isabella to you and once you have trained her to go to sleep QUIETLY and without screaming MOMMY 9,000,000 times, I'll take her back:)

Anonymous said...

I'm very impressed! Good job, Isabel!

Jyl, you should put a tape recorder in their room so you can save one of those conversations. It would be great to have in years to come.

LaDonna

Jen said...

Awesome! Sleep is a good thing! Isn't it cool to see the two of them interact like that? I am looking forward to Jer &Nat talking to each other. Have fun with all your festivities...looking forward to the pics!