Monday, March 30, 2009

Our (near) Perfect day with Thomas!

We arrived at the Thomas the Train event at 10:15 on what was supposed to be a beautiful Sunday morning. It was almost 30 degrees colder than it had been the day before, overcast skies and windy. My Mom had called before we left and said that I should bring the kids winter coats. I just laughed at her and grabbed a couple of pull-overs. Bad Mommy. Yesterday was so warm that I didn't think it could have possibly been cold enough for coats. (Isabel is very cold natured and wished I would have listened to her GanGan. :)
Our tickets to ride Thomas were for the 11:15 run and were for the open air car right behind the engine. Let's just say it was a little chilly on our ride. But cold or no cold we had a blast. The sun finally started to come out after noon and it turned into a beautiful day.
When we were walking up to the trains we heard the train whistle and I must say that I was probably more excited than the kids. Jackson was just in awe or shock, I'm not sure which one. The kids all got Thomas tattoos on their faces (I have learned not to allow tattoos on the face. Isabel's will NOT come off.) There were clowns making balloon animals, petting zoo, a huge sand pit, trains, trains everywhere! It really was Jackson's dream come true. I loved every minute.

Here he is, Thomas!!!!!






He loves to feed the animals, Isabel does not.

I LOVE this picture
GanGan kept my poor freezing cold Iz wrapped up in her coat

Ella with her Thomas tattoo
This is where we sat on our ride
Ella let Isabel wear her warm hat

Uncle Rhett, Nicole & Ella
Our group shot!



I gave the kids some gummy bears on the train & Isabel started to come alive. Poor baby just needed a little sugar in her cold little body! :)




Is there a better place in the world than on top of Daddy's shoulders??

He was just happy sitting on the tracks

1 comment:

Jen said...

YIPPEE THOMAS!!!! Looks like you had a great time! We are going in May, and I am so excited, just like you said! Nothing like making your kids happy and seeing those priceless expressions on their faces. Glad you didn't freeze. BTW Natalie is my little ice bucket. She hates being cold..our kids are so much alike!