Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Quickie Update

I don't have any big news or updates on my kids. Isabel has had the "fever virus" for a couple of days" but it seems to have passed. Things nave been pretty quiet and fairly uneventful which I suppose is good, right?
Potty training is still going on but without the stress. If they go they go and if I ask if they want to go potty and they say no, well then that's just fine too. They are wearing pull-ups all the time and I guess things are going pretty well.
Jackson is still a train junkee. It's all trains all day for this kid. The question isn't "What is Jackson doing?", but which train is he playing with. He sleeps with track and trains. Love that child.
Jackson is also started recognizing some letters. He makes an "S" and an "O" out of train tracks and holds them up so proud. He also hula hoops with his "O" shaped train track. He's such a funny little boy.
Isabel is in a full blown "Toy Story" mode. I selfishly bought them the DVD because it's one of my favorite animated flicks but I had no idea that they (especially Iz) would love it so much. I "won" a Woody doll, a Buzz Lightyear and an Annie doll on Ebay and lets just say she was THRILLED!!
The Toy Story love doesn't end with the dolls. The hats are also very important. Her brown cowboy hat is her "Woody hat" and the red hat is her "Andy hat". She walks around the house acting out her favorite scenes. Do I have an actress on my hands or just a drama queen?

Special notes: Jen, I hope your recovery is flying by and you're up on your feet chasing those 2 beautiful kids around the house again very, very soon! I'm thinking about you.

And to Debbie (who is about to move across the country), I hope the transition into the new chapter in your lives goes smooooooth! I know it's going to be hard not having T around for awhile but you can do it! We love you guys!


Well, he does play with puzzles, train puzzles :)





Iz wearing her Woody hat and holding her Woody doll.


Look at that dimple!
Buzz Lightyear joined the family about a week after Woody & Jessie



Won't take the hat off even for Lo Mein





Isabel & "Woody"
My little Rock Star!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you soooo much.

We love you guys too.

Feeling out of sorts w/o Tom here....but working hard to keep everything as normal as possible for Mariah. She misses him terribly as I knew she would. He is so devoted to her.

Again, thanks for your well wishes and much love from our family to yours.

Can't wait til you visit us in CA. :-)

Jen said...

Hey Y'all (that's my lame attempt at a southern greeting!)
Things are going well here at recovery central. Still a few weeks to go! Thanks for the shout out on your post! Made me smile.
Jeremy wants to tell Jackson the he has that puzzle too and sleeps with trains. We have kindred spirits in our boys!
Love Iz in those pictures...this is such a fun age.