Thursday, March 12, 2009

Painted toes & a day of 3 birthday's

I had long dreamed about the day when I had a daughter of my own and we would do "Mommy/daughter" things like painting our toenails. What I never considered in this dream of mine was that I would also have a beautiful little boy who was the same age as the little girl and wouldn't understand that boys don't usually paint their toes.
OK, you know where this is going. The kids had watched very intently the night before as I painted my toes. I was excited because I had truly dreamed of the day when I would paint my daughter's little toes or fingers. I sat her on the kitchen counter and painted those sweet little toes of hers a pretty, "girlie" shade of pink. She was thrilled, damn near giddy. :) Anyway, she ran to show Jackson and his little face just lit up. He ran over and said, "paint Jackson's toes, Mommy". I tried to tell him that little boys didn't paint their toes but as soon as it came out of my mouth I was trying to decide what color his toes should be. He was not going to accept that he was missing out on something Isabel had gotten. For Jackson, I selected a nice shade of black. Pretty cool, little man. Pretty cool. :)








This group of pictures were taken at the B'day for party for our friend Miller (age 3)
The party was held at an indoor soccer field from 2-4 and it was a very cool party place BUT smack damn in the middle of the kids naptime. Jackson was totally not affected but Isabel was not only tired but still a little sick. The pictures are really bad (way too much movement, too blurry). Anyway, we had a GREAT time, Jackson ran up and down the field kicking a big blue ball. He had a freakin' blast!!

Cousin Ella

"Uncle Rhett" is walking again!



He was laying on the ground laughing his little *ss off. :)

Jackson & his Daddy

Watching Miller open his gifts.

O.k., this is after the party on our way to my parents to celebrate Ethan and Olivia's birthdays. I had to give them a lollipop to get the poor kids out of our house. I had to wake Jackson up out of his nap and the "lollipop bribe" worked out just fine.



Happy birthday Olivia

Happy birthday Ethan



Archer in the girls Princess hat

Aunt Vicki and Isabel

4 comments:

Heather said...

Jackson and Khai are two peas in a pod. I will have to try black next time for Khai; I like it.

woodyo said...

Of course, link away!

I think it is so unfair that girls can wear and do whatever they want, but boys are so limited. Girls can wear blue, but boys can't wear pink; girls can wear coveralls but boys can't wear dresses, etc. I get so mad (well not really, you know what I mean) when I'm shopping and find blue and red clothes with ruffles and frills - as if the girls didn't have enough! So glad to see the nail polish for both!
Samantha

Rene Sears said...

Ha! Jimmy's toes are painted right now, too. I was painting mine, and he walked up and pointed to his feet. Nobody wants to be left out, right? I was so glad to see you and the kids on Sun. They are adorable.

I hope we're still on for Wednesday. Ben can give Kevin my cell #, or if you want to confirm here, I'll check back. Hope y'all are well.

Mom2J&I said...

Hey Rene, we are still on! I just sent you my cell via Facebook