Sunday, May 24, 2009

Last day of 2yr old "school"

My babies are growing up. It's exciting to watch them change every day, to grow, to be convinced that they are the very smartest kids in the world, to know that they are the most beautiful. But so very sad that they will never be my babies again. I am seriously tearing up right now just thinking about it. I think that is part of why I take such an insane amount of pictures. There are very few events (even small ones) not captured on "film". There are no words to express the love I have for them. I want to remember every single moment.
Friday was their last day of their 2yr old Mother's Day Out. I picked them up and was armed with my camera. I love to spend time with the kids at school. It's fascinating to me to see how they interact with their friends and teachers. This summer the class they will be attending is the Pre-3 class for transitioning 2 yr olds. I was very concerned about how they (especially Jackson) would handle such a change. New teachers and a new classroom. Ugh. He is most definitely the more sensitive of my 2. So when I found out that their current teachers were going to be teaching this class I was THRILLED! So while they will be going to a different room with some new faces, they will have the teachers which they love. I am beyond happy!
These are the shots from the day-


Mommy & her "babies"

Playing with one of their classmates baby sister. They love babies!















She is already "sneaking away" with boys! :)



5 comments:

Mom said...

You do a very good job of documenting their childhood! I can't believe they are going to be 3. Where does the time go?

LaDonna

Susan said...

Just wait until one of them holds your hand and it "fits" into yours..... there's not doubt that it is no longer a child's hand, it's one that belongs to an almost 12 year old!

Mom2J&I said...

Oh Susan, I'm sooooo not emotionally ready for them to be 12! But I know it will be here before I know it. :(
(But if they turn out as well as your beautiful Elizabeth did I guess it will be ok. ;)

Jen said...

Great pictures...like seeing you in them too! I know how it is, always behind the lens.

Kim said...

Great photos...I love the ones of them together...they are getting so big so fast...Tori turns 2 in August and I can't believe it. No more babies!