Thursday, May 21, 2009

A quickie update

I don't ever feel like anything crazy new or exciting is happening so I haven't done any type of update. My babies are going to be 3 years old this summer and it just seems like yesterday they were placed in our arms for the first time. :(
Their weight has pretty much stabilized. Jackson is 29lbs and Isabel is at 24lbs. It seems they've been this weight for a long time. I need to check their height but as of yet, I have no clue. Jackson is still wearing size 2t but in t-shirts I may go up to a 3t. Isabel is still wearing 18 months - 2t. She is just tiny. Shoe sizes, Jackson is an 8 and Iz is wearing a 6.5 to a 7. She has an extremely narrow foot (and shoulders) while Jackson's is normal to wide.
Every day has some sort of adventure to it I suppose. Isabel does have a new love. Baseball. I think it started on Easter when she saw all the older boys with their balls, gloves & bats. We were at Rhett & Nicoles visiting new baby Nicholas & Ella and Isabel found Ella's pink baseball glove & ball. When she realized she couldn't take it home with her a little meltdown occurred. Yes, my angel cried. Over a baseball glove. I'm thinking of checking into t-ball for my little tomboy. Or should I enroll them both in gymnastics. These decisions........
Anyway, don't you worry about Isabel not having a baseball glove of her own. We came home from school Wednesday and someone (GanGan) had left a pink glove and ball AND a blue glove and ball on our front step. She was thrilled! She has even been sleeping with her glove! SHe tells me that she needs to practice. All she does is walk around the house wearing the thing so I'm not yet sure what she's "practicing". Jackson is still all trains, all the time. Not enough room for baseball in his busy little life. :)
(I just went in the family room to check on them and Isabel is standing in front of the t.v., watching Dora wearing this big, pink baseball glove on her hand. Too funny)
Jackson does love his 2 "baby Jaguars". He has 2 stuffed animals that I suppose resemble the baby Jaguar from the show "Diego". Every day before leaving for school he either selects to take some trains to school of the "Jaguar twins". It is so cute. I just wish I could figure out how he decides what kind of day it is. Is it a train day or a Baby Jaguar day?
He is my buddy. My little helper. He loves to help me with laundry. I'll sort the clothes and pile them up on the floor by the washing machine. He will drag his little stool over to the washing machine and load it for me. This seems to be a favorite thing to do.
I call him "buddy", "handsome", "little man", "bubby", "sweet boy" and of course "JacksonMoore".
Isabel really has just one nickname from me - "Monkey doodle". I have no clue where it came from or how it got started but she is my little monkey doodle.
Potty training. Let's just say that Jackson is winning this race and Iz keeps dropping out. Ugh!
I have a ton of pic's I need to post but for now this is all you get! :)



Here she is showing off her new favorite things
And my sweet boy. If you look closely you can see that a train (on the rear) and a baby jaguar are hitching a ride on the firetruck.


1 comment:

Hayley said...

I was reading the post and Mia was sitting in the chair with me. As soon as she saw the pic of Jackson, she said, "That's Baby Jaguar!". So I guess it's settled then. :)