Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ughhhhhhhh!

Like I said, Isabel has been sick (runny nose, cough, fever) and the Triaminic the ped. recommends just wasn't doing it. He gave us a Rx for something stronger and holy crap! This kid literally bounced off the freakin' walls until almost 5:00 this morning. It was mindblowing (and NOT in a good way). Normally I put the kids down at 8:30 give or take 15 min either way. I did this last night and it was after 10 before both kids were asleep. THEN, she woke up at 1:30am wide awake (we put her in bed with us so she wouldn't wake up Jackson) and I kid you not, was wired until almost 5am! She took turns between Kevin and me. She would drive me crazy, poking, talking, trying to jump, then she'd move over to Kevin. When I say we didn't get any sleep I am not exhaggerating. She finally passed out and then Jackson woke up at 5:20 crying for me. I walked my zombie-ass self into the kids room, he wanted a diaper change and asked to go into "Mommy's room". I assured him he didn't want to go in there and I asked if I could sleep with him. He said yes so I curled up on his bed and got 30 minutes of sleep before having to get ready for work. Bad, bad night in the Moore household.
Bright spot: my boss let me go around noon and I dropped in at my Mom's house and took a nap before having to go home to the kids. That nap saved all of our lives. :)

Change of subject: The kids were having their "Spanish lesson" with Diego and the Dinosaurs and Jackson came running in the kitchen and looked up at me and said, "Baby dinosaur fell down, Mommy". Now this won't seem like much to most of you but I realized that it was the first time (I think - It's close anyway) that he said that four words in a row and I understood all of them. I just smiled and gave him a big hug. (And some people don't think a little tv is good for kids ;)
Later Iz came in the kitchen and said, "Mommy, I go watch the tree frog now".
Tree frog. I love that.

Day 2 of Iz in pull-ups:
4 p.p.'s and 1 poopie in the pottie!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

OMG!!! YOU CRACK ME UP!! I read this while I was at work and I literally laughed out loud! Bella is the SAME way with Benadryl! WILD WOMAN. She runs in circles, slaps, spits, laughs....I think I will take the cold symptoms anyday:)

Jen said...

Nat went nuts on medicine once too...not a pretty picture to have a 2 year old on speed in the middle of the night. Good think you had a secret nap spot, good idea!