Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Christmas Card "photo shoot"

It's been a little while since my last post but the holidays wore me out! Between my kids, working in a CRAZY busy restaraunt, buying gifts (O.K., so I didn't really mind that part), family gatherings, decorating and then un-decorating, cleaning out all the old toys and a total lack of sleep - well, I've just been too damn tired. We had a blast, don't get me wrong but I'm so glad the holidays are over.

I haven't even taken too many pictures lately. We went to the science museum last week-end which they loved! I'll try to get a video uploaded of that day soon.

But what I realized was I had not shared some of my favorite pictures from the Christmas card photo shoot. I took the kids to the Botanical Gardens the day before Thanksgiving and literally took pictures for hours (171 total pic's to be exact).

Believe me when I say that I really narrowed the pictures down to the ones I love the most. I've been trying to get the actual card in this post but my computer ignorance is standing in the way. I'll figure it out, just not tonight.

I have not edited any of these BUT this first shot is probably my favorite of the day and it was edited by the wonderfully talented Anna of hankandwillie.wordpress.com.
I love it so much I've got an 8 x 10 ready to go up in the bedroom. I am also showing you the unedited version so you can see what a huge difference she made in the shot.


The beautifully edited version:












































3 comments:

Heather said...

These are so great! Very cute. They are both getting so big.

Isabel has the cutest clothes. Where do you get them from? I would love to be a part of your family for hand me downs;)

Heather- Mommy to Meliah and Khai 21 months born in Lang son,Vietnam

Anonymous said...

Awwww. They are all so sweet! How did you ever pick for your Christmas cards?

LaDonna

Jen said...

Sweet as punch...as always! LOVE the outfits and the hand holding!