Thursday, January 8, 2009

A little this & that

I don't have any huge updates in the lives of Isabel & Jackson but I'll share a few tidbits of information-
Jackson's vocabulary is growing....slowly. His favorite word (next to "choo train") is tractor. But thanks to all of our many books and dvd's about tractors and such he is now saying things like "digger", "dumptruck", and my favorite because he tends to feel the need to scream this one is "flat-bed truck". When he is trying to tell me something he is still not expressing himself that well so we've still got a lot of mumbo jumbo but we are making progress. :)
Isabel speech is fantastic. It's pretty rare when I don't know what she's saying. There are a couple of things she says that crack me up. When she says "pillow" it comes out as "piblio" and when she says "dvd" she adds a little flair and it comes out "dvdb".
Time-out are pretty regular these days and for Isabel, she visits time-out even at school. The other day on her daily report her teachers had circled the word "happy" but had also written in "defiant". I thought that was a pretty big word for a 2 1/2 year old so I asked the next day. Her teacher Jona said that Iz will flat out tell her "No" when she asks her to do something but she always has a smile on her face. :)
They are both doing awesome with their colors and shapes and counting in english and spanish (I don't know whether to thank the teachers for the spanish or Dora)
My goal for Januay is to get serious with the potty training. I haven't done anything about this yet but it's still early. I'll get there!


These are just a few pic's of the kids playing last night





This is our after school snack time today...


And snack time continued but wearing the hats they made at school-

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think "defiant" is perfectly normal for a 2 year old. I'm rather surprised they felt the need to comment on it. I would be worried if she wasn't defiant. :) It's good!!!

LaDonna

Samantha said...

These are the cutest twins in the universe. I should know, mine are the second cutest (but only because you have one of each)

As to school - even good teachers get frustrated and sometimes just need to write it down to get rid of that frustration. I wouldn't worry. But, if there are more such comments, you might want to ask "Is she consistently more defiant than the average 2-yr-old?" Personally I know nothing about 2-yr olds but I agree it sounds normal.

Thanks for reading me, I have you on my blog too. I find there are lots of resources for adopting, and lots for twins - but little for adopting twins. There is a yahoo group but I didn't connect. I thought I could at least collect all of our blogs in one place!

Debbie said...

Could they be any cuter??? No, impossible. :-)