Monday, January 12, 2009

Update on the squirrels and the ba-ba's

I'm exhausted but I wanted to give an update on Jackson, the "Ba-ba", and the squirrels.
He willingly took the bottles outside (I gave Iz a bag of them too as well as a couple of pistacio's - it sounded logical at the time) and they set them down by the driveway (I did take pic's but don't have them uploaded yet). I decided to do this plan of mine on a Sunday because Kevin is off work on Sun & Mon's and I didn't want to endure the process by myself. The downside for Kevin is I had to leave right after we "gave the ba-ba's" to the baby squirrels to see my brother in the hospital (he will be ok but that's a totally different subject I definitely can't get into now) so he got to deal with it alone. Jackson didn't go to sleep in his normal, laid back fashion. He cried "mommy" over and over and over. He was extremely whiney and needy to me but he didn't really cry for the "ba-ba" , I think he just needed to be comforted by his Mommy. I finally ended up sitting on his bed until he fell asleep. Basically, I was pretty relieved.
Day 2: Again, Kevin got the short end of the stick, so to say. I was up and at work by 7:30am and didn't get home until around 6pm. They did go to school and had a great day but Kevin said things went downhill around naptime. They wouldn't go to sleep, Isabel was uncooperative, Jackson was crying for me then his ba-ba, then for me etc. Then after they went to sleep Jackson woke up crying for, guess what, the ba-ba and Mommy. Poor Kevin finally called me at work (which he never does) so I knew things were bad. I got home and walked into a little crying but within minutes that "sweet child" of mine was happy as a little clam. We had a really good night and after putting them in their beds he only cried for me once. I went in and tried to talk to him, he finally said "juice" so I got him juice in a Thomas the Train sippy cup and my baby was asleep in minutes. Whew!!!!!
So for me things have been pretty good, but my poor husband will tell a different story. :)

(Cute Isabel story:
After their bath I was drying and diapering and lotioning and p.j.'ing the kids and Isabel put her hands above her head like a ballerina and started to twirl. I said, "Isabel, are you a ballerina?" She got a funny look on her face and said, "No, Mommy, I not a ballerea (when she says ballerina it sound A LOT like "diarrhea"), I a little girl".

2 comments:

Jen said...

Was waiting anxiously for the update. Seems to be going OK . Lucky squirrels! Let's hope you don't see them in the widow with one of the bottles hanging out of their mouths! haha

Susan said...

I totally remember the days of little ones..... When Elizabeth turned two we had the bright idea of taking her pacifier away. Why? I'm not sure, but she gave up her nap at the same time AND Steve traveled all the time... The days she would completely pass out after dinner were the days I savored.... then I had the WHOLE house to myself for the rest of the night!