Friday, April 24, 2009

Got kids? Get this!

Last week I was a little under the weather and let's just say that my patience level with the kids was less than where it needs to be. I finally went to the Dr and before I went home I decided to run into Hobby Lobby to see what I could find for the kids to do that wouldn't drive me completely nuts. All the freakin' pollen in the air made it impossible for me to take the kids outdoors and it's really, really hard to stay locked up inside with nothing to do with 2 toddlers. Anyway, I found an AWESOME project! We are on our 3rd day and they still love it. It's a simple cardboard playhouse that took me all of 10 minutes to put together. They played in it for awhile and when they were seeming to lose interest I brought out the markers. I told them that they needed to make their new house pretty and they thought it was a fantastic idea.
Night 2: They were still enjoying their house but I brought out stickers. I bought hundreds of stickers and they literally spent hours putting them all over the inside and the outside of their house. When this cardboard house is destroyed I WILL be buying another one. My advice to you - GET ONE!!!!!



Yes, his teeth are orange from those damn Cheeto's!







2 comments:

Jen said...

I'l keep that little piece of advice in my back pocket. Thanks Jyl!!! Feel better

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures! This looks like so much fun! Too bad Ben still EATS crayons. I will definitely keep it in mind for later!