Thursday, April 16, 2009

Happy Anniversary to US!

Today, April 16, is our 2nd Anniversary of that wonderful day in Vietnam when we were blessed with 2 of the most amazing children in the world. We got to meet our babies for the very first time and our lives were changed forever. I cannot believe it has been two years. I love them so very much.
We haven't had the time for our family picture YET but I won't miss it. Promise.
Kevin had to work so I took the kids out to celebrate with dinner at the Dairy Queen. Nothing but the best for my kids! :) It was nice. We sat outside on the Patio and then went inside for an ice cream cone. AND they were in bed asleep by 8:30. Great night!!

I didn't take the kids to "school" on Wednesday but instead opted for the Botanical Garden & the Zoo. We had a great time. Riding the Train @ the Zoo was first (Jackson was literally jumping up and down while we were waiting in line.) Later we were walking past the Carousel and they both wanted to ride. This is a first for Jackson. He has been on a Carousel several times but against his will and he would only let us sit on the bench. One of the animals on the Carousel looked like it could be a "baby Jaguar" (we do love Diego & Dora aroung here) so he wanted to sit on that one with Isabel. He loved it and they were so damn cute. Isabel would say, "hold on tight Jackson" and he would put his little hand around her waist. Totally freakin' adorable. (The kids were eating Cheetos so that's why their little mouths are orange.)
Anyway, Happy Anniversary to Us!
(I would also like to wish a Happy Anniversary to our friends, the Sinnings Family. Their lives were also changed forever that day. What a beautiful day it was!)






























4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys. We will be 2 years in July. I know exactly the joy you are feeling. I am glad to have connected with someone in the same situation as we are! You have a beautiful family and I love following along with your updates. CONGRATS. (Great idea about Dairy Queen....love it!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I love all the pictures on your blog! Your kids are SO cute! It was great meeting you at the picnic today as well!

Kelly said...

Happy 2 years of being with your beautiful, precious babies!

Mom said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys as well!! What a joy and a blessing! Jackson and Isabel are so cute they make my heart hurt.

I finally added a few pics to my blog, but haven't written about our anniversary. I'll add something when I can do it without crying.

Love Dairy Queen! We don't have any around here anymore. :( We are also going to have family pics made - I stole your idea from last year.

Love you guys,
LaDonna, Kelvin, Annika, & Granny